- Review and Approve all Journal Entries.
- Meet regularly with Department Heads and the appropriate Finance staff, to discuss Budget Variances, issues with inter-departmental communication, and other matters. Budget Variances should be explained at least quarterly, in a discussion that happens just prior to the end of the quarter. (Send the information monthly, highlighting key variances and requesting explanations. But have an actual meeting once per quarter. This function is in conjunction with the FP&A team.)
- Direct the staff that process the accounting transactions and reconcile the accounts, ensuring success against agreed KPI’s.
- Monitor individual and team performance, and give feedback as needed.
- Train and develop staff.
- Oversee the implementation of the financial system.
- Manage and maintain internal and external audit compliance.
- Manage the Interface with the billing system / IN to retrieve information to book revenue and reconcile deferred revenue; interface with POS system to book cash and sales.
- Cycle count all Inventory (Retail; Scratchcard; Roll-out; Spare Parts; etc.).
- Reporting: management reporting (including monthly business review presentation; board pack), VAT reporting and settlement; statutory and tax reporting and filing.
- Other tasks and duties as directed by Finance Director.
- BA in Finance or Accounting
- Internationally recognized accounting certification (or in process) is a plus
- 5+ years in accounting for a large company (preferably multinational)
- Telecom experience is a plus
- Proven team leadership abilities
- Staff development — must be able to direct low-level staff in detailed responsibilities
- IFRS / US GAAP knowledge
- Open to Myanmar National.