- Manages the day-to-day operations in the general ledger, ensuring that all transactions are processed in accordance with company policy & procedures, and with IFRS.
- Ensures the integrity and completeness of the information in the financial records – the General Ledger – in support of the Financial Controller.
- Executes the month-end close, following the plan developed together with the Financial Controller – confirms that all transactions are properly approved and processed; that all required journal entries are prepared, documented, approved, and recorded in the accounting system, including deferred expenses, prepaids, fixed assets, and deferred revenue; that expense accruals are recorded, based on evidence of actual costs being incurred and/or calculated amount based on history; that cost allocations are recorded, as needed, to distribute costs properly among the departments, divisions, and projects; that all accounts are analyzed to ensure accuracy and reasonableness; that the TRIAL BALANCE is closed by the deadline.
- Reconcile specific accounts, as directed by the Financial Controller.
- Track and Control all Deferred Expense, Prepaid Expense, and Deferred Revenue accounts.
- Raise all required Journal Entries (except those specifically assigned to other people), for approval of the Financial Controller.
- Maintains the accounting records, including documentary evidence of all transactions, in a controlled, indexed manner that allows quick reference of any document; preferably, the documents are maintained electronically as well as in hard copy.
- Responsible for ensuring that all required Journal Entries are documented, approved, and recorded.
- Participate in the implementation of the financial system.
- Interface with the billing system / IN to retrieve information to book revenue and reconcile deferred revenue; interface with POS system to book cash and sales.
- Cycle count all Inventory (Retail; Scratchcard; Roll-out; Spare Parts; etc.) (with support by the Inventory Accountant)
- Other tasks and duties as directed by Financial Controller.
- BA in Finance or Accounting
- Internationally recognized accounting certification (or in process) is a plus
- 2+ years in accounting for a large company (preferably multinational)
- Telecom experience is a plus
- IFRS / US GAAP knowledge
- Open to Myanmar Nationals